Yazan Al-Zebak Software Engineer
No reviews yet
I studied computer science for three years, and currently, I’m majoring in Software Engineering. I tasted many subjects including databases, operating systems, compiler design and software engineering design.
I worked as a Web developer for more than three years mostly as a front-end developer and a few times as a back-end developer.
I'm passionate about programming contests, competitive programming and solving problems using algorithms and data structures.
I have a special tendency toward backend engineering and learning what is happening behind the scenes.
My objective in teaching is to focus on the science and the purpose behind the technologies rather than learning how to use them, as I believe when you learn the problem and the proposed solution, then you could easily learn how to use the technology and how to work with it more efficiently. for example, I'm more interested in teaching how web frameworks work rather than learning how to use a specific web framework like Node.js or Laravel.
Computer Science (Beginner-Expert)
Algorithms and Data Structures (Beginner-Expert)
Full Stack Web Development (Beginner-Expert)
Frontend Web Developer
Nov, 2021) at Brain Socket, Damascus Syria
We were working on multiple products, I had a lot of new experiences while working at this company, especially in Angular Framework, I took part in +15 projects including Admin Portals, Web Applications and Web Sites.
• Communicating with the project manager and understanding what the client's needs and technical requirements are, then coming up with the most effective and efficient solutions.
• Proposed and realized a refactoring of legacy code allowing easier integration and maintenance.
• Troubleshoot and correct bugs and issues found during testing.
Full-Stack Web Developer | Online Tutor
Present) at Freelancer, Remote
As a software engineer and a full stack developer, I worked with different clients around the world to turn their ideas and needs into real-world web applications my main responsibilities:
• Holding meetings with clients to clarify and deliver on their web development needs.
• Analyzing the requirements of the clients and designing the correspondent models.
• Manage front-end and back-end website development and Create websites that are user-friendly, effective and appealing.
• Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the web application.
Besides as an online tutor, I work side by side with students to help them achieve their goals my role is:
• Reviewing classroom or curricula topics and assignments.
• Assisting students with homework, projects, test preparation, papers, research and other academic tasks.
• Working with students to help them understand key concepts, especially those learned in the classroom.
Back End Developer
Feb, 2019) at Codex, Damascus Syria
A small startup that works on software that provides video and live streaming services.
• Conducted +30 unit tests both manual and automated to ensure the quality and the functionality of the APIs created by the developers' team.
• Conducted code reviews, and documentation and writes code that meets the project standards to deliver the desired functionality aligned with the company's overall standards and guidelines.
• Participated in the daily SCRUM meetings, sprint planning, sprint demonstrations, and retrospective meetings.
Present) at ACM ICPC programming contest
The International Collegiate Programming Contest is an algorithmic programming contest for college students. Teams of three, representing their university, work to solve the most real-world problems, fostering collaboration, creativity, innovation, and the ability to perform under pressure. Through training and competition, teams challenge each other to raise the bar on the possible. Quite simply, it is the oldest, largest, and most prestigious programming contest in the world.
Bachelor's degree of software engineering (Sep, 2016–now) from Damascus University
Higher Secondary (Sep, 2015–Jun, 2016) from Fayez Mansour High School–scored 93.14%
Fees can vary based on the complexity of the subject, plus the timing and the due dates.