Yazan Al-Zebak Software Engineer
No reviews yet
As a Software Engineer with over three years of experience in Web Development, I have honed my front-end and back-end development skills. I am passionate about tackling challenging problems and enjoy participating in competitive programming contests and programming events.
My primary focus is full-stack web engineering, and I'm fascinated by the intricate workings of web technologies, from both front-end and back-end perspectives. I believe in the importance of staying at the cutting edge of the industry and regularly updating my skill set to provide innovative solutions.
For me, mastering a technology isn't just about using it but understanding the core principles and concepts that drive it. This knowledge enables me to craft elegant and efficient solutions that meet the needs of my clients and users.
Outside of work, you can find me geeking out about history, watching football videos, or hitting the gym. Let's connect and discuss how we can work together to solve real-world problems through technology.
Computer Science Beginner-Expert
Algorithms and Data Structures Beginner-Expert
Full Stack Web Development Beginner-Expert
Software Development Beginner-Expert
Full-Stack Web Developer | Online Tutor
Present) at Freelancer, Remote
During my career as a software engineer and full-stack developer, I have had the privilege of collaborating with over +5 clients worldwide, assisting them in transforming their concepts into robust web applications. In this role, my primary responsibilities encompassed:
• Spearheaded the development and management of over 5 websites, enhancing user engagement and satisfaction due to their user-centric design and functionality.
• Orchestrated comprehensive web application development, from front-end visuals to back-end functionalities, ensuring optimal system architecture, robust database management, and secure integrations.
• Delivered tangible cost savings and elevated performance by adeptly refactoring and optimizing database queries, and streamlining project resources.
In addition to my work as a software engineer, I am also passionate about helping students achieve their academic and career goals. I work side by side with students to provide support, guidance, and assistance with a range of academic tasks.
• Reviewing classroom or curricula topics and assignments.
• Assisting students with homework, projects, test preparation, papers, research and other academic tasks.
• Working with students to help them understand key concepts, especially those learned in the classroom.
Skills: Computer Science · C++ · Java · Python (Programming Language) · Communication · Tutoring
Frontend Web Developer
Oct, 2021) at Brain Socket, Damascus Syria
During my time as a Frontend Web Developer at Brain Socket, I had the privilege to work on a diverse portfolio of projects, including Admin Portals, Web Applications, and Websites, totaling over 15 projects. These experiences presented unique challenges and opportunities for professional growth.
• Collaborated closely with project managers, translating client requirements into efficient and innovative technical solutions.
• Contributed significantly to a wide range of projects, from dynamic web applications to user-friendly admin portals.
• Initiated and successfully executed a refactoring strategy for legacy code, streamlining integration and improving maintainability across +2 projects, resulting in a 35% reduction in technical issues.
Back End Developer
Feb, 2019) at Codex, Damascus Syria
A small startup that works on software that provides video and live streaming services.
• Conducted +30 unit tests both manual and automated to ensure the quality and functionality of the APIs created by the developers' team.
• Actively participated in the development of application code, adhering to quality standards.
• Engaged in agile processes, contributing to daily SCRUM meetings, sprint planning, and retrospectives, driving team alignment and project momentum.A small startup that works on software that provides video and live streaming services.
Skills: Web Development · PHP · PHPUnit · Laravel · MySQL · Git
Present) at ACM ICPC programming contest
The International Collegiate Programming Contest is an algorithmic programming contest for college students. Teams of three, representing their university, work to solve the most real-world problems, fostering collaboration, creativity, innovation, and the ability to perform under pressure. Through training and competition, teams challenge each other to raise the bar on the possible. Quite simply, it is the oldest, largest, and most prestigious programming contest in the world.
Bachelor's Degree of Software Engineering (Sep, 2016–Aug, 2023) from Damascus University–scored 74.06%
Higher Secondary (Sep, 2015–Jun, 2016) from Fayez Mansour High School–scored 93.14%
Tuition fees are subject to fluctuations influenced by the intricacy of the subject matter, in addition to the scheduling and deadlines. For specific details concerning assignment-related fees, please don't hesitate to engage in a discussion with me.