This refund policy applies if you are dealing directly with TeacherOn staff. If you are dealing with students and teachers listed on the website, please see the terms and conditions.
No refund is given on purchased coins.
Money deducted but didn't get coins?
If the money was deducted but you didn't get coins, you will get a refund automatically from your bank within a maximum of 14 days - it usually happens much faster in most cases. If we do get the money (usually happens within a day), we will credit coins in your account and send you a confirmation email when that happens.
When teachers contact a student
If a teacher contacts a student whose phone isn't verified, and the student doesn't read the message within 15 days, we refund coins for that. We also give refunds if teachers spend coins on fake/spam/scam jobs automatically.
When student contact teachers
Coins used to contact a tutor, free or paid, are not refunded if you are unable to reach the tutor for whatever reason.
For student payments to tutors outside of teacheron.com
If any payment is made outside our website, we can't do anything about it. You may still contact us and we will try to help but we can't guarantee that we will be able to get your refund. Please see how refunds work when you pay via teacheron.com.
For student payments to tutors via teacheron.com
When you pay tutors via teacheron.com:
- Chose the option to "Release payment after work is complete"
- If you chose to release payment later, you may dispute the payment in case there is a problem.
- Once you release the payment, then we are unable to get a refund.
- If you chose to release payment immediately, that's also a confirmation that the services have been delivered and you are satisfied with the provided service.
- While making payment, if you chose to release payment immediately, we won't be able to get the refund for you in case of a dispute.
- In case of a dispute, if a student and tutor can't come to a mutual settlement, whatever decision we make will be final.
- We take a 15% fee which is taken from the tutor's account
- 5% of this 15% is fixed and is non-refundable
- The remaining 10% of this fee is variable i.e. if you get a partial refund, we give the 10% fee as part of the refund.
- If you take a full refund from the tutor, we still keep the 5% fixed fee and return the remaining 95%.
- Examples of Payment