Rudrarup Mukherjee Senior Lecturer, Economics
1. The main essence of economics lies in the explanations. Things should be explained logically and then the logic should be supported by relevant diagrams or mathematics or both whatever applicable. This is the essence of the teaching methodology that I use. Explanation of theories is always followed by some real life problems and their solutions.
2. In Economics my areas are now Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Public Economics, International Economics, Development Economics and Industrial Economics.
3. Sometimes reading journal articles along with textbooks are very effective for learning in details hence I always encourage my students to read different journals.
4. As a followup of my teaching I would always prefer to make my students face some critical and twisted question to encourage their ability of critical thinking. Sometimes role-play as policymakers are arranged so that the learners can think like policymakers.
5. Students are also encouraged to think critically and ask questions. In my opinion the immediate learning outcome is the questions in the minds of the learners,. More they question deeper would be their level of realization.
6. Growing the interest among the students to learn more is my ultimate objective.
(Mar, 2018 - Present) at Royal Thimphu College
(Nov, 2009 - Mar, 2018) at THK Jain College, Kolkata
Depending upon the topic and its depth,